Buying Guide To Scissor Lift Equipment
People who are in the manufacturing or industrial works are required to have at least one scissor lift equipment because multi-tasking is needed. Here, there are multiple workers who need to be on the same platform, if there were no scissor lift equipment, there will be lesser efficiency in the workplace.
The most common function of scissor lift equipment is to carry or lift loads—objects and persons—to a desired height. Aside from that, scissor lift equipment are used to help operators reach areas that can be inaccessible to ordinary tools; to increase levels of production by reducing fatigue in operators; and eliminating repetitive strain injury caused by too much bending and repeated stretching.
When choosing scissor lift equipment…
Experts say that most basic consideration when a person decides to buy scissor lift equipment is the height that she or he needs to reach. This is very important because the strength of the equipment will also determine how much weight it can support. To avoid confusion, it is must that you conduct a research first about the available scissor lift equipment. You can do this by checking online sites, reading books and magazines, as well as by asking people who have bought the same type of equipment before.
Once you have an idea in mind what would be the best type and model that would suit your needs, you can now proceed to buying the scissor lift equipment. When you are at the warehouse, use the following buying guides:
1. Years that the owner have been in the business. Knowing how long has been the contractor in the business will give you an idea about his or her reputation in selling scissor lift equipment.
2. The kind of parts inventory the contractor has. This is also very important because you will know where to get parts of the scissor lift equipment once it needs replacement. Veer away from contractors who have limited supply of parts because most likely, they will not have anything to offer you once the scissor lift equipment you have purchased has been damaged.
3. The number of technicians. Knowing how many technicians are available in the warehouse will give you an idea what type of service the contractor can give you. Make sure that you buy from contractors that have enough number of available technicians so you can get service once the scissor lift equipment you bought has been damaged or if its parts need replacement.
4. The availability of on-site service. This is one of the most important things that you should consider when buying scissor lift equipment because it will ensure that you will get help once something goes wrong with the equipment. The availability of on-site service will give you an idea how reliable the contractor is.
5. The response times of the contractor once something goes wrong with the equipment. Knowing how the contractor will respond when the equipment has been damaged is also of primary importance. If there is an urgent response given—such as having a hotline wherein concerns can be called—the contractor is reliable enough for you to purchase from him or her.
6. The kind of insurance the contractor gives. Scissor lift equipment can be quite expensive so make sure that the contractor has a good insurance policy on the unit to ensure the worth of your money.